Thursday, May 2, 2013

Prevention Challenge May 1st, 2013

OKay this will be a hodge podge, like my brain, post.
If you didn't see my video explaining this click here to see it if you wish 

Day 1
I got up at approximately 5:15 am I  drank 8 oz glass of water

I ate a small banana

I did about 15 minute of stretching/yoga

I slept from 9:20am to 11:15 am.  This is not normal for me I was waiting for someone and fell asleep in the car, lol but if you follow me you know I am an insomniac and have weird sleep patterns. but 2 hours in the car was some really good sleep.

Lunch was a medium plate of left over from last night veggie pasta, with ground beef, green and red bell peppers, and black olives.  I would have had a small salad with that but I was out so I just had the pasta with an 8 oz glass of pomegrenate juice afterward with ice, and I eat the ice while drinking the juice.  So that was also about another 8 oz of water.

I did some errands.

I recorded the video below.

I did 20 minutes of floor exercises, bridges, plank, chair tricep dips for the back of my arms (2 of these are from the Prevention magazine but I had to alter what they have there because I have bad knees and I can't do lunges which is what they suggested.)

I ate a "handful of" (that is what Trader Joe's calls it) almonds, cashews and cranberries
I did more errands

I made and drank some orange ginger juice.
I made and drank some coffee, 8 oz with 5 teaspoons of sugar

dinner was 2 chicken thighs, skinned and boned, a cup of mixed veggies, and about a 1/2 cup of pasta.
dessert was a fruit leather, it is like a fruit roll up if you remember those ... but it is small and organic

I drank another 8 oz glass of water  with ice so really about 16 oz of water while posting this blogpost

I didn't eat that much, and I wasn't hungry. I could have had a snack/meal during the time I was asleep and it would have been okay, but thankfully we can't eat while we are sleeping!

Here are the 5 Herbs I talked about that help with digestion and other ones while trying to eat healthy or eat to lose weight. Actually the info is under the video

Turmeric or Curcumin
Used for over 4000 years, this herb helps skin, and other things but I like it because it helps with digestion and most of us are lacking the proper enzymes needed for easier digestion and bloating.

CUMIN
This herb is also has antioxidant properties, it has also been used for centuries. It also helps with digestion but it adds a great flavor to most foods which helps when you are dieting and limiting what you are eating.

FENNEL
This herb I seem to find only in seed form so I boil it with water I'm using for tea. It is also great to help with digestion even in babies for colic. It can also be used to open up bronchial passages so it can help with asthma and bronchitis.

CORIANDER or in the west we call it CILANTRO
Another herb that helps with digestion, you can use the seeds but I prefer fresh cilantro chopped up in mexican food dishes, and it is in my green drink that I get from whole foods often.  It is great to help with digestion, bloating, stomach cramps, and it provides some fiber too.

GINGER
There are so many benefits from using ginger I can't do it justice here, but try to get more ginger in your diet. You can chop some and put in orange juice and the flavor will get into the juice or any juice in your frig. Same with water. grate fresh ginger easily and put it in chicken dishes, or fish too.  A little goes a long way.

I hope this helps you and look for the next post which will not be this long!
Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment