Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Prevention Weight Loss Challenge May 12th, 2013

It was Mother's Day the much anticipated day of this month.

I had one of the best mother's days I've had, maybe even the best.

My family met at this restaurant my aunt likes to go to.

I started the day as usual, water and banana

I didn't have any bread, and for me that is a biiiggg deal! I love bread. My perfect diet would be bread any kind with butter, bananas and oranges, carne asada tacos, ice cream and coca cola I would be happy. I could eat that every day for the rest of my life if it wouldn't kill me. lol

Anyway, I ordered pancakes.  This restaurant is called Lazy Dog Cafe and apparently every thing they serve is good, but my aunt was paying for me and my 2 boys so I was reserved, I really would like to try their steak but it was so hot that day I wasn't really that hungry. They serve brunch until 2 pm and we had time to get them so I did.

Wow!!  They were called Wild Blue Berry Pancakes. I thought the blueberries would be thrown on top and maybe in few in the pancake it self.  NO they were stuffed with little tiny blue berries and I swear the butter had bits of bacon in it.  I didn't ask but it tasted like it.  So delicious we may go back there  some time, it's about a 50 minute drive from my home but it was well worth the drive to be with family.

So of course the portion was enough for 3 people so I ate about half lol did you get what I said?  I gave the other half 2 my two boys they agreed best pancakes we've had so far.  They would've been great with vanilla ice cream too.  Now you know why I used to be 100 pounds over weight.

I had a few of my son's cajun french fries with ketchup of course, and I had a bunch of vanilla ice cream. I had a lemonade and water to drink.

So it was so hot and we were in a different city and I wanted to wait for traffic to die down so we went to the mall and walked around for about and hour and 30 minutes.  I have a video below about the mall experience if you care to watch it.

For dinner, of course I had to cook, I have boys! lol I made them a pasta dish with ground beef in it. I ate maybe 2 bites I really wasn't hungry after the food I'd eaten earlier and it was still pretty warm in the house.
I closed the night with a chocolate bunny my aunt gave me and  a cup of tea.

Here's the video...I hope you enjoy it.



Thanks for stopping by.

Tish Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment